Supplier Performance Manager (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. They coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers, identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals.
Hybrid Position : Candidate can work from home 1-2 days per week 3 days onsite.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
As Supplier Performance Manager your responsibilities would include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and develop strategies to drive overall supplier performance in MOG to improve profitability, reduce lead times, and sustain continuous improvement for the organization
- Responsible for coaching & training its team in assessing supplier capabilities to ensure supplier can reach level of performance and capacity required to meet our business needs
- Assure compliance to business procedures and team accountability. Create standard work for the procurement organization as needed
- Work with Operations and Business support teams to obtain resources that will support the Supplier Performance team strategy
- Coach team on TE guidelines and procedures
- This position will teach suppliers and team members on how to work with TE TEOA Tools (Supplier Portal access, TE procedures, DPA & DLT, Standard Tools, etc.
- Ensure Monthly performance reviews and Quarterly business reviews processes are sustained
- Prepare annual budget for metrics (Delivery and Inventory) and expense
- Work as support/coach for various TE manufacturing sites, focusing on improving supplied material availability and inventory optimization
- Track and communicate key supplier performance metrics
- Engage with Sourcing and Development teams to plan and execute Supplier Town Hall meeting
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Operations or other related disciplines.
- Motivated individual with the ability to learn quickly and work in a self-directed work environment with minimal supervision
- Experienced in leading and developing a group of direct reports
- Ability to take ownership of actions and lead to closure. Strong project management skills.
- A clear communicator who can speak and present confidently to a diverse audience, including senior management
- Technically competent to interface with Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Materials, Supply / Demand Management as well as all levels within the Supplier’s organization
- Fluent in English; reading, writing, and speaking English language
- Proficient with MS-Office and SAP products.
- Experience with Procurement, Strategic Sourcing or Supply Chain fields
- Practical Problem Solving, 8D, 5 why, Fishbone experience
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (APICS) is a plus
- Certified AS9100 Auditor or similar QMS. Understanding of Advanced Product Quality Planning, Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Production Part Approval Process is a plus willingness to travel and interact proactively with TE manufacturing site personnel and suppliers (up to 50%)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $79,700 – $119,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets