Product Data Manager
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
The Energy business unit in Americas is seeking a Product Date Manager (PDM) to direct a multi-national team, tasked with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Digital Data. The primary focus will be on the improvement and maintenance of existing system data and processes necessary to the flawless operation of today’s Engineering and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. However, this position interacts with every function within the company; business acumen is fundamental.
- Champion process and procedure changes through Lean activities to effect improvements in Data Integrity, Business Process throughput and data error proofing.
- Maintain synchronous data between Corporate and local systems.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Research and Development (R&D), Manufacturing Engineering and Planning to ensure timely and accurate data in all business systems.
- Assist in resolution of quality complaints as related to product data.
- Maintain system data as it pertains to Governmental compliance; engineering BOMs, RoHS, REACH
- Work with other disciplines within the plant to maintain accurate specifications and documentation to support new product introduction (NPI) with focus toward internal and external customer satisfaction. (Revision levels, correct part to doc relationships, etc.)
- Assist in ERP system data accuracy including but not limited to: routers, Bills of Material, item master data to enable flawless execution of production.
- Develop and mentor a team of Engineers, in all of the aforementioned activities.
- Drive the PLM vision of “Simplifying product data management to serve customers and drive organizational efficiency” within the Energy Americas business unit.
- Support the Global Energy and TE Connectivity Corporate initiatives towards Digital Engineering Excellence.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment supporting ERP systems and new product introductions (NPI)
- 2+ years supervisory or management experience with engineering or production team, preferred
- Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Must have experience with ERP system set up and use
- Must have experience with engineering document management and Product Life Cycle (CAD drawings/models, Specifications)
- Experience with MFG Pro and/or SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Windchill PDMLink is a plus.
- Experience with any/all is a plus: RoHS, REACH.
- Experience with Energy Products is a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $96,200 - $144,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets