3rd shift_MATERIAL HANDLER II
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
** This is 3rd shift position -M-F - 10pm - 6:30am **
TE Connectivity's Shipping & Receiving Teams perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping and receiving duties. They use computer systems for tracking, logging, verifying and reporting incoming and outgoing shipments. They follow shipping practices and procedures, transportation routing, schedules and requirements. The Shipping & Receiving Teams receive incoming materials and prepare materials for shipment. They process freight bills, packing sheets, and other documents.
- Loads and unloads trucks and interfaces with common carriers.
- Signs bill of ladings for incoming shipments and process IBL, packing lists for receipts from vendors using POLIS and WCS.
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts products and prepares it for put away.
- Receive product into WCS using barcode scanners or CRT.
- Put product away in available space by proper area/zone using order pickers, turret trucks, pallet jacks and barcode scanners.
- Picks products for customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests using barcode scanners, pick tickets, shipping papers, order pickers, turret trucks and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Performs other put away and pick duties, such as bin location audits, unit load and carton transfers.
- Weigh or hand counts quantities needed to fill customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests.
- Performs packing function by reviewing WCS packing functions or ship sets to obtain packaging instructions.
- Performs special packaging, prints and applies special labeling as required by each customer. Understands and follows the 107 specifications
- Recognizes hazardous/flammable material and prepares for shipment per established procedures.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as well as carrier required documentation.
- Prepares unit load shipments with stretch wrap or banding.
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment checking against actual carton count in staging area.
- Contacts common carriers to arrange pick up for shipments.
- Loads and unloads cartons to / from pallets, carts or conveyor by using forklift and manual or electric pallet jack.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum of a high school education or GED
- Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
- Experience using SAP is preferred.
- Computer skills
- Must be able to lift objects up to 55LB.
- Ability to work overtime as business demands require.
- Physical Demands – Regularly required standing & walking
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $32K – $48K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets