Account Manager - Remote
Location: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
- Generate and foster productive and supportive working relationships within established accounts. Work to partner with customers by offering technological problem-solving solutions and managing the quality and delivery metrics required by the customer.
- Identify current and future customer opportunities and requirements. Utilize TE’s support system to offer appropriate solutions for the customer within TE’s product portfolio & engineering capabilities
- Become the leader in knowledge of your customer applications/platforms and technical roadmap. Generate and drive new design/print position efforts based on emerging, new and existing customer programs/platforms, and government contract awards
- Manage and protect existing production program business
- Generate, prepare, and present TE proposals (e.g., product selection, design solutions, product specifications, project objectives) to customers
- Sales territory status and reporting (i.e., book/bill reporting; forecasting; updating/growing opportunity pipeline funnel within CRM Salesforce tool; customer scorecard management)
What your background should look like:
- Valid U.S. Driver’s License
- Minimum 2-4 years Aerospace and/or Military sales experience is desired, but not required
- Technical Degree and/or Marketing Degree preferred
- Willingness to travel (50-70%)
- A strong candidate will encompass the following skills to successfully compete, and thrive, in a highly competitive market:
o Exceptional interpersonal & selling skills
o A solutions-oriented mindset
o A strong & comprehensive customer focus
o The ability to effectively engage with Development Engineering and Purchasing functions
o Excellent oral and written communication skills
TE works with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware and other items (collectively “items”) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export controls laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidates. This offer of employment is contingent upon TE verifying the applicability of export controls laws and compliance required for your employment. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing you with technologies necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make this offer of employment further contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider you for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) withdraw this offer of employment.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $60,300 – $90,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets