Advanced Quality Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions, and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for verifying the reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability regarding cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Our teams develop, implement, and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health, and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, products, and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action, and customer communication.
Overview: TE Connectivity Data and Device Business Unit seeks a dynamic and proactive Advanced Quality Engineer to support the new product design center. In this role, you will develop the Quality System for New Products and product changes from component to assembly within a Product Development team. You will also monitor and guide the Product Development team to ensure Advanced Quality Planning is used in the development process.
You will facilitate the AQP tools, manage and mitigate project risk, manage initial customer requirements, and audit NPI projects. You will be involved in NPI complaint investigations, collecting documents and in-process records, conducting postmortem reviews, and ensuring effective implementation of a control plan for NPI shipments, supplier development, and management. You will collaborate with the final manufacturing location, facilitate training, and share best practices and lessons learned.
- Organize and facilitate reviews for Design Review (DR) and Design Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Implement quality planning and controls for prototype and sample builds and manage to build records and documents.
- Complete measurement system analysis for inspection systems and gages to be utilized for the project.
- Review and analyze samples, quality issues, and improvement actions during the developing stage.
- Involve and drive for design verification before design freeze and product qualification testing before Gate 5 of the project.
- Conduct and analyze process capability studies supporting Final Tool Approval (FTAR) for all tools and production lines associated with the project using the Comprehensive Tool Approval Report (CTAR).
- Implement quality controls and documentation needed for the production shop floor.
- Monitor process capability and oversee ongoing corrective actions as required.
- Review and approve the measurement and cosmetic inspection.
- Support the customer and quality system audit as required.
What your background should look like:
- BS in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Three years of experience in a Manufacturing Background
- Understanding of ISO9001 Standard
- Knowledge of Quality Tools
- Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- Strategic Analysis
- Strong Communication Skills
- Background in Cable Assembly or Connectors
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $104,800 - $157,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets