Global Product Manager
Location: San Diego, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Data and Devices business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for a Product Manager for the Sockets product team, this role will be based in the US. The Product Manager will have responsibility for next generation socket products and act as a “mini” GM driving the overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to achieve revenue and gross margin targets that enable long term competitiveness and success of the product line. This individual will develop and implement strategies for new business opportunities including identifying growth opportunities within key existing accounts and developing relationships with emerging customers.
This role requires strong strategic thinking and experience working across regions. This role must closely collaborate with colleagues in Sales, Engineering, Operations and Marketing to gain cross functional alignment and drive the successful execution of the product roadmap.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop segment-specific strategies
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking, and leverage competitive insight for strategic decision-making
- Define segment–specific differentiated value propositions
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy and market needs
Develop Business Plan
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in-line with financial goals
- Establish and execute the target cost and pricing policy
- Drive alignment and build consensus on specific topics/tasks relevant to delivering to the goals
Execution – New Product Development & Launch
- Be the opportunity champion for new programs
- Be able to negotiate and offer key business terms (NRE and product pricing) to customer on-time
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
Execution – Post-Launch Product Management
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Drive YoY gross margin expansion by developing and executing robust pricing strategies and driving operational productivity
What your background should look like:
- 8+ years of Product Management, Business Development, or other relevant experience
- Relevant product or industry experience desired, including the data center, server/switch and high-speed connectors as it relates to semiconductor products
- 4-year technical degree preferred
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Able to work under global operation time zones
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Strong customer facing skills – building relationships, handling negotiations and selling
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross-functional teams and to build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgment of critical information both up and down the organization.
- Proven ability to deliver results
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $119,000 – $232,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets