Production OPERATOR III
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What TE Connectivity Offers
Our commitment to our associates includes offering total rewards benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meet the changing needs of our team members.
- The opportunity to build lifesaving products for our customers
- Competitive base pay based on experience; with a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shift premium pay.
- Annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- Employee referral program
- 401(k) retirement savings with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement to support your development and education goals
- 10 weeks of paid maternal and paternal time off and ease back to work
- Competitive paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits for team members and their families with benefits starting day one, company funded health savings accounts and company paid short-term and long-term disability.
As a Production Operator III, you will;
- Flex to different areas throughout the plant to support customer demand
- Preparing machines and equipment for daily use
- Perform changeover and set-up functions
- Use of inspection tools, independently complete quality inspection documentation, and make necessary adjustments, understand gauging and visual inspection tooling, attention to detailed processes
- Work with team to troubleshoot, set up, assembly, and/or flow issues
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation and notification when defects are identified
- Expected to be flexible in your schedule. (i.e. 8hr/10hr/12hr shifts based on customer needs)
- Perform physical transactions and flushing of material on sites ERP
What your background should look like:
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with and ability to perform set-up operations and handle change-over responsibilities.
- Experience interacting with mechanical systems and ability to troubleshoot assembly machines or equipment.
- Proficient with use of inspection equipment such as calipers, mircrometers and optical comparators for dimensional inspection of materials.
- Proven record of using inspection data to make mechanical and program changes to achieve part specifications.
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials and other written instructions or procedures to accurately set up and assemble products.
- Basic computer navigation and utilization skills.
- Ability to read and write English.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Understanding of GD&T is a plus.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $39,000 - $58,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets