Facilities Space Planning Designer (Remote)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: Facilities Space Planning Designer (Remote)
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30003476
Business Unit: GLOBAL OPERATIONS (50108236)
Building: Non-TE facility (902)
Hiring Manager: JASON A SMELTZER
Recruiter: Albert Peter Roosendaal
Travel: Less than 10%
Employee Referral Amount: $1,000.00
Education Experience: Associate Degree (High School +2 years)
Employment Experience: 1-3 years
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Facilities Team conduct facilities and property administration, office planning, corporate leasing and/or real estate coordination. They work closely and provide advice and counsel to company and/or vendor representatives coordinating major facility constructions or modifications or leasing and real estate activities.
TE Connectivity is looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and organized candidate to support global construction managers, facility managers, and BU’s with design layouts and space planning using AutoCAD or compatibility. TE is a global organization, and capital construction projects require a highly engaged design operator to assist and lead projects to develop interior layouts, including but not limited to office settings and production equipment planning to meet current and future business needs. This candidate will also support multitenant campus locations by maintaining strategic space information assuring accurate physical space planning and inventory with employee moves and transfers, and keeping up-to-date employee office seating layouts.
This position will be based remotely and with the option of office location based in Middletown, Pennsylvania, or Winston Salem, North Carolina. This position will provide planning and design assistance services to TE Connectivity’s GFCM (global facilities and construction management) group to meet internal BU (business unit) needs. Candidate may be required to travel at a limited capacity domestically and internationally to support interior projects.
Responsibilities: Manage day-to-day activities associated with the support of large and small-scale capital projects. Work with and support cross-functional teams, including team members from corporate and individual business units, to achieve targeted milestones including but not limited to:
- Produce detailed space plan drawings of office and manufacturing settings using CAD software or compatible program.
- Visit sites to gather in-the-field information to complete accurate project drawings.
- Meet with various team sizes to collaborate on space and design needs through MS Teams video or in person.
- Act professionally while delivering internal customers project risks, timing, or limitations to preferred outcomes.
- Receive, track, and store a historical log of drawing changes in “Vault” using pre-defined naming systems for completed capital projects.
- Coordinate, track, and monitor frequent employee headcount moves on multitenant campuses. Providing updates as needed to campus facility management teams.
- Maintain accurate headcount plans to support office space hoteling software, Archibus.
- Performs related duties as required.
THIS IS AN ENTRY-LEVEL POSITION
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor / Associates Degree in engineering, architecture, design, or a similar degree
- Previous work experience as an AutoCAD drafter is preferred but not required.
- Advanced knowledge of design software
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings & plans
- Basic understanding of local, state, and national building codes
- Working knowledge of computer programs: Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, AutoCAD, Archibus, Maximo, Vault (Training can be provided)
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $65,000 - $97,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets