Communications Manager - Remote
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As a member of the Transportation Solutions segment Marketing team, the Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and executing plans, messages and materials that support internal and external communications for TE’s Global Automotive business unit. The individual will be responsible for facilitating the implementation of initiatives that engage key audiences using a variety of internal communications and media/public relations approaches.
Focused on driving employee engagement and brand awareness, the ideal candidate must be an expert at communicating in written and visual forms. Working as both a strategist creating communications plans and programs, and as the tactician who executes those programs, they must be self-directed and able to flawlessly and simultaneously execute a high volume of projects that support a variety of different stakeholders. They also must be passionate about the work they do, able to adapt quickly to changes in plans, goals, or objectives, and demonstrate the ability to support communications needs for a regular cadence of unexpected developments, as well as planned strategic communications activities.
Key skills include the ability to excel at message delivery, be a master storyteller, understand the role of communications in the change management process, and communicate with a style that captures the author’s voice and intent, and achieves the desired objectives.
To be successful in this role, the Communications Manager will also need to build successful relationships based on confidence and trust with various key constituents and collaborators – including executive leaders, Human Resource partners, and marketing and communications colleagues throughout the Transportation Solutions segment and across TE. The Communications Manager may also interact with customers, outside agencies, journalists, and industry organizations.
This position reports to the Director, Communications for Transportation Solutions.
Key Responsibilities. The Communications Manager will execute proactive internal and external communications:
- Internal Communications
- Executing comprehensive internal communications plans from concept to completion to drive greater employee engagement for Global Automotive in collaboration with executives, Human Resources, and Marketing leaders
- Implementing internal campaigns around key business milestones and initiatives.
- Partnering with senior management to craft informative and compelling executive messages, organizational announcements, scripts and talking points
- Working with regional communications leaders to leverage site Communications Champions to deliver and reinforce messages
- Promoting visitation to the myTE intranet page and use of the myTE mobile app, including directly posting articles on the platform
- Owning and maintaining the intranet SharePoint sites for Global Automotive and the Global Commercial Office
- Coordinating Town Hall meetings with leaders, including preparing visual presentation materials
- Supporting Corporate Communications on enterprise-wide programs and initiatives as needed
- Monitoring communications-related performance metrics to measure effectiveness, progress, and business impact
- External Communications
- Partnering with the segment communications team to drive thought leadership within the industry through targeted industry publications and original content; this may include conducting media training for subject matter experts, pitching stories, and coordinating production of bylined articles
What your background should look like:
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Communications, Marketing, English, Journalism, or Public Relations required
- 5-10 years communications experience including a demonstrated ability to produce a high volume of effective communication materials
- Excellent communication skills, written and visual, with the ability to understand highly technical information
- Knowledgeable on current communications trends and practices
- Expert fluency in English, additional fluency in German a plus
- Experience working in a complex, global, matrix organization, preferably in manufacturing.
- Experience pitching journalists for the purpose of obtaining earned media coverage
- Experience gathering, presenting, and analyzing performance data
- Skilled in creating SharePoint pages and video communications
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and high energy team player
- Mature, credible, patient, hard-working and persuasive
- Sound judgment
- Teamwork, creative problem solving, collaboration, flexibility and willingness to adapt within a changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, able to multi-task and perform under pressure and willing to roll-up sleeves and do the work required with flawless execution
- Ability to develop strong relationships with multiple departments in a large, matrix organization
- Strong ability to communicate the value of a wide range of technical products in a complex, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Remote. Preference to candidates residing in Europe (particularly Germany) and East Coast US.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $97,400 -- $146,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets