Director Strategic Sourcing - Remote
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Strategic Sourcing Director leads the regional Procurement organization including the Strategic Sourcing, Advanced Procurement and Supplier Development teams within the Auto Americas Business Unit and is responsible to manage $0,5B of Direct Spend. The role reports to the Senior Director Integrated Supply Chain for Auto Americas.
- Develop appropriate Commodity Strategies to support the Business Unit goals accomplishment.
- Strongly drive & own the Material Productivity (Savings) Roadmap as per the financial commitments of the Business Unit
- Partner with Operations & Engineering for VAVE/OMP saving roadmaps
- Monitor and control KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) such as Delivery Performance, Quality, etc.
- Present status on Strategy and KPI’s to senior leadership on a regular basis
- Manage other leading indicators such as Savings initiatives pipeline, RFQ’s in plan, Days To Pay and Compliance requirements
- Understand and lead critical supplier disputes and negotiations and drive to a resolution
- Manage the Advanced Procurement team to enable a flawless new product development process and business launch
- Develop the required supply base to meet mid and long-term goals.
- Drive execution on sourcing and new product development initiatives, understanding TE’s footprint optimization and manufacturing strategy.
- Assure execution of competitive bids, negotiations, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement ideas for assigned commodities or services through the alignment with cross-functional partners such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Product Management, Supplier Development and functional owners
- Responsible for the Supply Base Management of assigned Commodities as well as to define the Strategic Suppliers List and process to manage them. Build strategic supplier relationships and manage to enhance supplier's performance – Cost, Delivery and Quality
- Leverage and promote global processes, tools and best practices for Global Supply Chain
- Drive Inventory Reduction Strategy for the AUTO NA team as well as Supply Chain Optimization Strategies such as VMI, Consignment, LT Reduction, MOQ improvement & Others
- Prepare and promote regional/global commodity strategies in collaboration with Center Led Procurement Teams
- Benchmarking analysis to support Long Term Agreements and Leverage negotiations
- Support to Operations and Materials Planning Groups in the manufacturing sites
- Recruit, develop and retain talent using the appropriate development framework. Build a succession plan to support the organizational needs.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or Engineering / Master’s Degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years of Procurement, Supply Chain Planning, Manufacturing or Engineering
- Strong leadership experience managing a large team
- Proven experience on Management & Leadership skills
- High level expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project/product lifecycle management).
- Extensive experience working with multicultural and cross disciplined groups
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes such as Injection Molding, Metal Stamping, Electronics, and other mechanical processes
- Understanding of the standard financial processes (FP&A/Controlling)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to have interpersonal and political savvy to drive project teams
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to energize and motivate Teams
- Proficient in SAP
- Deal comfortably with senior management by understanding how they think and work
- Fluency in English (read, write, and speak). Spanish is a plus.
- Business / Supply Chain Acumen
- Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Strategic Agility
- Action Oriented
- Building Effective Teams
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Drive for Results
- Learning on the fly
- Managing Diversity
- Timely decision making
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $153,400 - 230,300 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets