CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT ANALYST
Location: San Diego
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Continuous Improvement Teams design and implement programs and projects to improve products, services, or processes aligned with business strategies. They coach teams; establish program performance metrics; and establish process excellence supports.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Develop site TEOA deployment plans consistent with business unit /plant strategic plan.
- Support the facility leadership team to set the TEOA vision for the site and develop gap plans and corresponding action items to achieve this vision. Help implement the vision as needed.
- Identify and organize resources required to achieve successful implementation in accordance with plan.
- Manage and control individual project teams and deployment plans at both site and functional levels.
- Develop skill levels of practitioners and other site personnel to implement and sustain TEOA.
- Monitor progress against plans, achievement of continuous improvement and progression to higher star assessment levels.
- Monitor and report site level measurements and performance against star level assessments.
- Lead continuous improvement activities that enhance the overall TEOA effectiveness within the facility to achieve the plant level TEOA metrics and goals while ensuring alignment to the business unit strategy
- Facilitate TEOA Kaizen events throughout the site to drive continuous improvement.
- Account for predicted savings and track, validate and post to financial/operational results.
- Provide employees with required TEOA training.
- Be a leader and change agents for all levels of leadership.
- Effectively interface with all levels of leadership characterized by integrity and high professional standards.
- Transfer best practices across plant and TE.
- Define and deploy effective problem-solving tools, techniques, training, and activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineer, business, or industrial technology from accredited institution
- Minimum of 3-5 years of lean manufacturing experience as a Hands-On Lean practitioner with demonstrated evidence of sustained, successful lean activities within specific value streams. (Standard work, FIFO, value stream mapping, OEE, 5s, SMED,
- Demonstrated use of problem-solving tools and methods (six sigma, A3/8D, QOS or other).
- DMAIC Six Sigma Master Black Belt preferred but not required
- Strong communication skills and comfort with facilitating large groups at all levels of the organization.
- Requires a highly motivated self-starter, with strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated collaborative style that promotes, and champions change.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and data base
- Proficient in project management skills
- Analytically minded and data-driven
- The candidate must also have a holistic overview of complex situations and deal effectively with difficult issues when they arise.
- Ability to teach and coach effectively
- Ability to plan, organize and motivate others
- Comfortable with challenging the status quo to drive operational excellence.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,800 – $164,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets