IT Project Management Intern
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s IT Project Management Teams lead and direct one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation, modification and support of IT projects that span across functional organizations. They prepare project execution plans and identify appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meet technical requirements of the assignment. TE’s IT Project Management Teams remain informed about current advances in the IT Field. They also provide program management oversight and guidance to team members. TE’s IT Project Manager responsibilities may also include IT analysis work in support of key IT processes, including disaster recovery, business continuity, and IT project management. IT Analysts provide support to our IT Project Management Teams by using their IT skills to implement and support tools and processes needed to meet project management and general IT requirements.
TE Connectivity’s IT Project Management lead and direct one or more project teams engaged in the design, implementation, modification and support of IT projects that span across functional organizations. They prepare project execution plans and identify appropriate technical and business resources needed for the team to ensure projects are completed on schedule, within budget and meet technical requirements of the assignment.
The key requirement of this Project Manager role is to be participate in the planning, executing, and delivery of individual projects according to planned timelines and budgets. The candidate will be asked to perform entry level project management tasks that include interacting with other project team members to analyze various project data such as budgetary, hardware landscape or project tasks then make recommendations to the project manager. Also the candidate will assist in managing project team tasks and will provide updates to project and program manager leaders.
What your background should look like:
Solid, proven communication skills
- Solid organizational skills
- Knowledge of project lifecycles
- Ability to work within MS Project, Excel and Word
- Comfort / experience interacting with leaders.
- Experience with handling conflicts and navigating to a successful conclusion.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities: ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment.
- Determining project changes and coordinate to get them implemented through controlled process
- Organizing, attend and participating in stakeholder meetings; Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions.
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Required to work in different time zones based on the project deployment location.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in IT/Business or other technical field
- Interest in Project Management exposure
- Experience in Project Management tools like Microsoft Project (Preferred), JIRA, Mindmap, Gantt Charts, etc.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience managing projects and multicultural teams across time zones
- Fluent in English both written and spoken
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $17.00 - $25.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
EOE, Including Disability/Vets