Manufacturing Engineering Intern
Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you can make an impact working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable, and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $12 billion global technology leader. Our connectivity and sensor solutions are essential in today’s increasingly connected world. We collaborate with engineers to transform their concepts into creations – redefining what’s possible using intelligent, efficient and high-performing TE products and solutions proven in harsh environments. Our 72,000 people, including over 7,000 engineers, partner with customers in over 150 countries across a wide range of industries. We believe EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS – www.TE.com.
TE Connectivity is looking for a hands-on Manufacturing Engineering Intern in our Rt. 230 facility in Mount Joy, PA. This position will report through the Manufacturing Engineering team in Rt. 230. Ideally, this individual will have experience and education in 3D modeling, 3D printing and lean manufacturing in an industrial environment.
- Document manufacturing processes through manufacturing instructions
- Document and catalog manufacturing tooling
- Set-up new and existing manufacturing equipment and develop standard work
- Design and develop tools and fixtures required for assembly and testing
- Build test fixtures and test harnesses required for testing
- Build Engineering Samples and report on manufacturability
- Maintain strong attention to detail, while working with a sense of urgency
What your background should look like:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a BS degree and majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Electro-Mechanical Technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with 3D modeling and detailing of engineering prints.
- Hands-on mechanical and/or electro-mechanical experience
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $18.00-27.00/hour (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
EOE, Including Disability/Vets