STAFF PRODUCT ENGINEER
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
- Lead the engineers and technicians within a PAC project development team
- Lead a global focus team on cold applied MV joint technology
- Support multiple lite projects as engineering lead to drive new product sales
- Define and develop new cable accessory product concepts which provide technical and value proposition advantages to the customer
- Responsible for design, analysis, development and validation of new cable accessory products
- Facilitate communication with external customers with respect to obtaining market intelligence required to develop optimal next generation cable accessory designs
- Interacts and/or negotiates effectively with external and/or internal customers at all levels
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment
- Contributes to Department level technology and product decisions
- Drives results through collaboration and influence
- Interacts and/or negotiates effectively with external and/or internal customers
- Model and foster desired core values, behaviors and work ethic
- NPD target attainment
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in electrical engineering or physics
- 8 years of related engineering experience or 5 years with MS or PHD
- Knowledge of the TE Energy’s technology and product portfolio and the markets they serve
- Experience with cable systems operating at voltages exceeding 5kV through 345kV+
- Experience with IEEE Standards such as 404, 48, 386, and others.
- Strong leadership skills
- Individual must be a self-starter that requires minimum supervision, have strong planning skills and be able to manage and balance multiple priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships globally across functions and regions
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities and drive results
- Ability to motivate project team members
- Strong business acumen
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $108900 – 163300 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets