SR MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world. Job Overview TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements, and customer requirements. As part of the TE's Medical New Product Development Engineering team at our Plymouth, Minnesota site, you'll be responsible for new product development, problem solving, providing tools and engineering support to implement new products into production, and leading process design functions to determine product flow through the manufacturing operation by use of current engineering and continuous improvement techniques.
- Extrusion development, and assembly
- Develop BOMs, assembly method, and operator training
- Develop products and processes that are reliable as well as identify risks to the project, develop contingency plans, outline deliverables and milestones
- Keeps stakeholders, customers, and others informed of project status and/or related issues
- Provide technical leadership, root cause analysis, and resolve customer or project related problems; materials, assembly, functional, or manufacturing related
- Apply design controls from initial customer requests throughout the products life cycle
- Writing, monitoring, managing, and reviewing protocols, including verification and validation tests
- Transferring R&D jobs to production and completing drawings/designs for manufacturing
- Qualification of fixture and equipment with software
- Support production product/process improvements through LEAN, 6s, 5s, 8D, etc.
- Developing, approving, procuring, maintaining, and repairing production aids
- Maintaining records and records databases
- Working with cross-functional teams to improve the business and perform other duties as needed
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Plastics, Chemical, Biomedical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years in Medical Device development or manufacturing
- Experience with design controls, FDA regulation, and GMP practices
- Demonstrated customer relations, problem solving, and product development skills
- CAD proficiency - SolidWorks
- MS Office proficiency
- Problem solving skills to identify, gather and analyze information, develop solutions, and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to lead teams to achieve goals
- Effective planning and prioritization skills to meet immediate and long range needs
- Ability to influence across boundaries, drive collaboration, and develop product to meet the end users expectations
- Analysis skills using engineering theories to make process improvements
- Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience using measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, microscope/reticle and rules
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $86,800 - $130,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets