Sr Project Manager Engineer
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Senior Project Manager Engineer (“PjM”) is accountable for initiating, planning, execution,monitoring, controlling and closure of assigned projects. Assigned projects vary from internally
funded New Product Development (“NPD”) to customer-funded large-scale delivery projects of subsea connector solutions. The PjM has overall responsibility to deliver assigned projects
on-time to customer request and in conformance with customer requirements. The PjM will drive effective engagement of a cross-functional team to achieve the project objectives and
- Serve as the customer’s single point of contact throughout project lifecycle
- Demonstrated ability to influence and direct project activities in a matrixed organization
- Develop fulfillment strategies and/or project execution plans
- Establish the project team and the roles and responsibilities of the project stakeholders, effectively translate and communicate customer requirements, and provide effective engagement between stakeholders
- Plans and coordinates Engineering design, prototype manufacturing and qualification activities in support of new product development according to customer requirements
- Define the mission, objectives and KPIs of the project. Identify and define value drivers for the customer to drive the extraordinary customer experience (ECE)
- Identify CAPEX investments required to support project execution
- Identifies and continuously manages risks and opportunities for assigned projects. Orients the organization to anticipate and mitigate risks while driving actions to exploit opportunities
- Develop and maintain project schedule and support plans, project risks and opportunities, project controls and assurance plan
- Effectively utilize project management tools to ensure schedule attainment, and techniques to enhance communication, accountability, analysis, and preventative risk mitigation
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of project management experience, including 3+ years of client-facing project management experience in a manufacturing organization
- Experience managing manufacturing projects as a supplier in Oil & Gas or Marine industry is preferred
- New product launch (or product modification) experience
- Demonstrated experienced with the following: project planning and scheduling, project cost control and cost accounting, risk management, stakeholder management, quality management, change management, problem solving, contracting and procurement management, influencing within a matrixed organization, leading multi-disciplinary teams, Leadership and soft skills (negotiation, influencing, escalation, problem solving, team building)
- Undergraduate degree in related fields
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is preferred
- Proficiency with MS Project; familiarity with Manufacturing Requirements Planning (MRP) systems a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,100 – $147,100 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets