PLATING OPERATOR II (2nd Shift)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Are you looking for a fast paced and growing business to join? Do you pride yourself on completing meaningful and quality work? If so, TE wants you! We are looking for motivated, dependable and team- oriented Plating Operators to join our growing automotive team in Greensboro, NC. At TE, our plating team is responsible for the continuous operation of automatic vertical, horizontal, or combination type strip plating lines to plate a variety of strip terminals and flat stock with various metals (gold, nickel, tin/lead alloys, copper, etc.) both conventionally and by a variety of selective plated methods to meet the quality standards. These roles exist to support production and to ensure that our customer commitments are met, on-time, every time
What TE Connectivity Offers
Our commitment to our associates includes offering total rewards benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive, and meet the changing needs of our team members.
- The opportunity to build lifesaving products for our customers
- Competitive base pay based on experience; with a 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th shift premium pay.
- Annual pay increases based on company & individual performance
- Employee referral program
- 401(k) retirement savings with generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement to support your development and education goals
- 10 weeks of paid maternal and paternal time off and ease back to work
- Competitive paid time off
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Comprehensive health and wellness benefits for team members and their families with benefits starting day one, company funded health savings accounts and company paid short-term and long-term disability.
This position is responsible for the continuous operation of automatic vertical, horizontal, or combination type strip plating lines to plate a variety of strip terminals and flat stock with various metals (gold, nickel, tin/lead alloys, copper, etc.) both conventionally and by a variety of selective plated methods to meet the quality standards. Individuals are responsible for performing essential duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
- Visually inspect plated product and gages product per the Quality Inspection Plan
- Package completed product per the packaging process sheet.
- Completes required paperwork to report production, scrap, downtime, and issues related to the equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of housekeeping in manufacturing area.
- Adhere to all company and department guidelines, procedures and policies.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and follow written English procedures; understand and follow verbal English instructions.
- HS diploma or GED is required.
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Bending, twisting, turning
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work to successfully accomplish job duties.
- Ability to interpret product blueprints
- 1-year prior experience in a manufacturing environment.
- A good understanding of 5S principles.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $32,800- $49,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets