Sr. Director, Engineering Systems - Remote
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As the Sr. Director of Engineering Systems, you will provide active leadership and vision setting to implement technology-based solutions that enable TE business growth through an innovative, efficient, and well-connected technical workforce. This role will work closely with TE’s global Engineering leadership network to combine highly functional and integrated engineering systems with the adoption of new digital processes. Successful results will target advantages in speed-to-market and innovation executed under TE’s NPI and Sustaining engineering practices.
- Lead strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing initiatives, and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future engineering systems across the organization.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate organizational structure and skills that supports the needs of the business.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for digital engineering spending and initiatives.
- Direct operational functions including business requirements, project planning, design/ development, and support by organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Track, evaluate and prioritize emerging technologies, tools and standards to continually evolve TE’s digital engineering solutions
- Oversee negotiation and administration of vendors, outsourcers, and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and organization of global staff in accordance with organizational priorities, budgetary objectives, and personnel policies.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent digital engineering activities.
- 10 years of experience managing Engineering or IT functions.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Strong experience in engineering or IT management principles, practices, and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge in line-of-business practices and design engineering processes.
- Experience as a user or implementor of CAD, CAE, or PLM solutions.
- Substantial exposure to IT technologies, enterprise software applications, SaaS, and outsourced programs
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven experience in organizational planning and talent development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation.
- Ability to apply IT in solving business problems.
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a changing environment.
- Ability for global travel up to 20% of time
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $175,800 - 263,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets