IMPORT-EXPORT LICENSING ANALYST (Remote)
Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: IMPORT-EXPORT LICENSING ANALYST (Remote)
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30003970
Business Unit: GLOBAL LEGAL (10003025)
Building: Non-TE facility (902)
Hiring Manager: Kimberly Canales
Recruiter: Albert Peter Roosendaal
Travel: Less than 10%
Employee Referral Amount: $1,000.00
Education Experience: Bachelors Degree (High School +4 years)
Employment Experience: 3-5 years
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
We are building a world-class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization. The AD&M Business Unit (BU) Licensing Analyst is critical in supporting trade operations and compliance within the BU.
The AD&M Licensing Analyst is a trusted advisor and critical team member within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU. This role aims to facilitate TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and support compelling operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports to the Empowered Official and AD&M Licensing Manager, and is a crucial Global Trade Services (GTS) team member. As part of the GTS team, the AD&M Licensing Analyst will join a group of professionals passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, and working together.
Trade Compliance Activities in the BU
- Draft and submit U.S. export authorization applications to the Department of Commerce (BIS) and Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) to seek approval for controlled export transfers to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade licensing and compliance activities by TE policies, procedures, and controls in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a point of contact for GTS stakeholders on trade-related U.S. export licensing.
- Work with GTS stakeholders to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting related to export authorization-related activities to ensure efficiency and quality of authorization activities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits or assessments and support corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer practical trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risks and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
Talent Development & Leadership
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Lead by example and act with empathy
What your background should look like:
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and professional writing skills, strong priority management and planning skills, and the ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to respond to business needs and compliance responsibilities.
In addition, a successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (business, language arts, law, or related field)
- 3+ years’ experience in global trade license applications and submissions
- Functional knowledge of import and export regulations
- Experience working directly or indirectly with the US export licensing officers from BIS or DDTC
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $55,200 - $82,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets