MAINTENANCE MECHANIC V
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Primarily responsible for providing maintenance support to ensure effective plant operations. Must work independently throughout facility providing proactive and preventive maintenance support.
- Performs preventive maintenance as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Repairs production and support equipment as directed by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition.
- Works safely, complies and promotes all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps Maintenance Supervisor informed of job related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Acts as first responder for emergencies as directed by Supervisor.
- Maintains a positive work attitude and promotes a "team' approach throughout the company.
- Required to work overtime including weekends if needed.
- Shovels snow, etc., as needed, to properly maintain the building and grounds.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Uses lift truck and other mechanical lift aid devices as needed
What your background should look like:
Essential Skills and Experience
- High school education or equivalent, plus at least 2 years of appropriate technical training.
- 5 years of related work experience and 2 years managing and performing preventive maintenance.
- Strong Communication skills
- A strong mechanical and electrical background.
- A working knowledge of machine controls.
- Medium to strong computer skills
- Knowledge and experience managing a spare parts inventory, including vendor relationships.
- Ability to work from blueprints and machine diagrams.
- Use ladders safety, stand and walk for up to 4 hours at time. Ability to operate a forklift and to obtain an operator's license.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $69.3K - $103.9K annually (subject to change dependent on physical location).
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets