TOOL & DIE MAKER III
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Tooling Teams perform the manufacturing functions related to metal working dies and tool making. They are responsible for completing all assignments to construct, modify and condition metal working dies and may fabricate new gages, cutting or forming tools and fixtures by analyzing blueprints, sketches, models and engineering or shop specifications. They perform precision work to exacting tolerances and dimensions; recommend revisions in design and/or substitutions in material based on machinability or fabrication problems encountered; and solve problems relating to unusual materials, machine settings, fabrication methods, and production process. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures. This position will make, modify, and/or repair tools, dies, molds, jigs, fixtures. The successful incumbent will also work with gauges of intricate design and construction involving many interrelated dimensions and surfaces with extreme tolerances (+/- .0002)
1st: Monday-Friday 7am-3pm
2nd: Monday-Friday 3pm-11pm
3rd: Monday-Friday 11pm-7am
- Perform die and die module changeovers
- Perform preventive maintenance and die conditioning
- Sharpen, repair and create close tolerance tooling to re-build a die.
- Support stamping production by troubleshooting more complex dies (set up and production)
- Training support to apprenticeship program
- Support production floor
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Experience with small to medium progressive dies.
- Metal turning/grinding/machining experience.
- Prior experience with use of precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
- Good problem solving & organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- High School education required. A vocational/tech school degree is preferred
- Completion of a federal or state apprenticeship program is preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $48700-73100(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets