MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
We are looking for a Manufacturing & Process Development Engineer with solid technical problem-solving skills to work closely with production teams, quality control personal and other engineers to identify area for improvement and implement solutions. You will be highly motivated to design, develop and improve manufacturing processes and systems to optimize efficiency and productivity while ensuring quality and safety standards.
- Establish process capabilities for existing and new processes. Enhance capabilities if necessary.
- Work with NPI Engineering to develop standard process platforms to support new market and product opportunities.
- Optimize processes to achieve ongoing cost reductions to support TEBIT efforts.
- Applies fundamental scientific principles to create practical solutions to technical challenges and provide technical support across functions.
- Prepares work instructions for manufacturing processes.
- Implements process controls to prevent and/or detect process failures and ensure process continues to operate as originally validated.
- Identifies and establish process limits through process characterization studies and DOE’s
- Supports manufacturing continuous improvement projects.
- Participates in daily Tier II meetings with cross functional teams aimed at identifying and resolving process issues quickly.
- Manage capital improvement projects including the equipment justification, specification, and procurement.
- To provide help, technical and professional guidance to other departments and functional areas
- Disposition of MRB’s & process NCMR’s by defining root cause.
- Assesses failures, determine and address root causes.
- Able to apply automation techniques to resolve production issues.
- Perform Equipment Installation qualification (IQ) and process validation that includes operational qualification (OQ) and performance qualification (PQ).
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, related technical field or equivalent.
- Hands on, self-directed, continuous improvement and result oriented
- In-Depth knowledge of advanced manufacturing methods and systems
- Proficient in problem-solving skills including statistical analysis
- Strong computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, project management)
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills required
- Must be able to proficiently conduct business in English.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $71k - 107k annually (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets