MAINTENANCE MECHANIC III
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
2nd shift- Monday through Friday 2pm-11pm
Applies technical skills to support various production activities through the preventive maintenance, repair, rebuilding or modification of various automated, semi-automated, electronic/electrical equipment and controls within a high precision manufacturing facility.
- Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of mechanical and electrical and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of mechanical and electronic equipment.
- Plans details of working procedure to determine material or replacement needs and determines a logical approach to repair problems.
- Services mechanical and electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, vacuum tubes, and similar electronic devices.
- Performs plant-wide mechanical, electronic and electrical maintenance, as required.
- Fabricates and repairs parts as required using machine and hand tools common to the trade.
- Informs management, leadpersons, and maintenance and line employees of potentially dangerous electrical equipment and corrective actions taken.
- Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for mechanical, electronic and electrical equipment.
- Supports electronic product development and design projects & issues
- Equipment supported by this position includes:
▪ Dielectric Test Equipment
▪ Vacuum Pumps
▪ Test Sockets
▪ Fine Leak Equipment
- Controlled Atmosphere Glove Boxes
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Semi-Automatic PLC programmed welding machines
- Load Boards
Other Duties May Include:
- May provide technical direction to electricians and helpers as required.
- Performing other duties as deemed appropriate.
- May participate in related team projects as required.
What your background should look like:
- Strong Safety Awareness and Adherence to Safe Work Practices
- Electronics Degree/License/Certificate or other formal education.
- Minimum 5 years experience with industrial maintenance tasks including plumbing, welding, and electrical trouble shooting
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanics and electronics
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to achieve job expectations.
- Regularly required sitting; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to forty (40) pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $47700-71500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets