SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs a complete product offering, and capable portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine, to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable groundbreaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
- Collaborate directly with operations through daily tier meetings, day to day support, troubleshooting, and technician direction for responsible production lines.
- Lead cost of poor quality/yield improvement through small to medium scale projects.
- Author and route deviation authorizations and documentation change plans.
- Root cause analysis.
- Establish oneself as a technical subject matter expert for responsible areas.
- Establishing and executing engineering studies, capability assessments and characterization efforts.
- Equipment insourcing, improvement, and validation.
- Participate in cross-functional activities with manufacturing engineerin.g, quality, supply chain and operations.
- Adhering to quality and compliance standards to ensure safe and effective use of the devices TE manufactures.
- Train, coach, and mentor less experienced engineers and technicians.
- Fixture design, development, and implementation.
What your background should look like:
What your background should look like:
- Positive, adaptable attitude that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or related subject
- 5+ years experience in a medical device manufacturing environment preferred
- Catheter assembly or molding manufacturing experience preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience:$85,400 - $128,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets