Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified Cost Analyst. In this role, you will be working across various functions to develop projected cost for components to help drive margin improvement activities during the development phase of new projects. You will also work closely with engineering, procurement, and cost estimation to collect detailed cost information, analyze data to understand key cost drivers, develop cost models, and be a key contributor in identifying opportunities for value enhancement.
- Work with procurement and suppliers to collect cost breakdowns of components, understand cost drivers, and identify value enhancement opportunities.
- Develop cost models to support analysis of component costs.
- Work closely with product engineering during the product development phase and support analysis of component cost to help drive margin improvement.
- Coordinate value analysis for purchased products and propose/lead design and process improvement projects to reduce costs.
- Partner with procurement / suppliers to lead value-enhancement opportunities.
- Understand manufacturing processes and material costs to help the team determine areas of opportunity.
- Support analysis of new technologies / design concepts to help guide product design strategy.
- Establish tools / processes to help drive enhancements to the product development process.
- Implementation and organization of should-cost modeling/ target cost activities with external partners for the continuous improvement of the price level and standards.
- Interacts, supports, and supplies expert input with multiple levels / positions across various functions (engineering, procurement, cost estimation, operations)
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or Finance / Accounting.
- 8 years of experience in cost estimation / manufacturing role / product cost analysis.
- Prefer experience in the automotive industry.
- Must have manufacturing experience.
- Experience with large metal stamping / metal casting manufacturing processes and cost drivers a plus.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $121,900
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets