Dir. Advance Manufacturing Process - Remote
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The D&D Operations team is seeking a Director of Advanced Manufacturing Process (AMP) Development to lead the global Advanced Process Development organization, which is responsible for designing, developing, and implementing the next generation of manufacturing technologies for cutting-edge Data & Devices products.
The Dir of Advanced Process Development is a key member of the Operations Leadership Team and will also interface heavily with Engineering, Sales, Product Management, and other areas as required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead a global technical team that will focus on developing new manufacturing processes, including, but not limited to, new equipment, new technologies, and processes in alignment with BU and product goals.
- Develop and implement manufacturing equipment and technologies roadmaps in alignment with BU and product goals.
- Develop and implement new manufacturing technologies and equipment to drive the BU to a leading position in cost, product performance, and quality within our industry
- Lead the introduction of new manufacturing technologies into the DnD future products, ensuring all cost, quality, delivery, capacity, and ramp targets are achievable.
- Actively participate in all products and technologies road map development lead voice for Operations
- Transform product and technology road maps into comprehensive, actionable project plans.
- Develop and hire AMP next-generation technical leaders.
- Drive developing and implementing technical supplier roadmaps for equipment and material in collaboration with Purchasing.
- Lead multiple complexes, time-sensitive projects that include but are not limited to new manufacturing process development and new equipment.
What your background should look like:
- High level of knowledge of manufacturing principles such as assembly, machining, stamping, plating, and molding
- Experience with new technologies and product development
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders across different disciplines to drive value for the business.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent theoretical and practical quality knowledge with proven, hands-on 6 Sigma experience
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple cultures and countries
- Working experience negotiating with equipment suppliers
- Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- 12+ years of broad Technology/Product development management experience
- Demonstrated ability to solve strategic problems.
- High level of accountability and ownership, including the ability to work across functions and teams, specifically across cultures and countries.
- Must be able to easily transition from the strategical to the tactical and help his team make these swings.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies: Automation, Materials science, Metal Forming, Stamping, injection molding, and metal plating.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand the business’s priorities and align initiatives on the highest impact areas.
- Managerial courage and influencing skills to partner effectively.
- Organizationally savvy but not political and can seamlessly navigate between Business Unit, Segment, and Enterprise needs.
- Effective communication skills to translate strategy to action for broad employee groups within the business.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- Proven experience leading and coaching to improve individual and team performance.
- Proficient in MS Office Software such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of six sigma and root-cause tools
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic global environment with multiple changing priorities.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $167,800 – $251,800 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets