CNC MACHINIST III
Location: El Cajon, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's CNC Machinists prepare detailed numerical control programs for use in production on numerical controlled machinery; they run the EDM, including programming, setup and operation. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
1st shift 7:30am-4pm
Tasks Summary & Responsibilities
- Set-up Okuma 2 axis CNC lathe by installing and adjusting work holding devices, tooling, spindle liners and bar feeders.
- Operate Okuma 2 axis CNC machine’s, ensuring that machine down time is minimized.
- Verify programs and settings using a range of measuring equipment on first articles and apply appropriate adjustments and program modifications.
- Ensure component compliance in accordance with engineering drawings and quality procedures using a range of inspection equipment.
- Record daily operations on machine tools and provide operational equipment effectiveness (OEE) results daily.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the department. Improving processes and applying tools and methods from the TEOA site plan.
- Maintain and improve time standards.
- Ensure that daily maintenance is carried out as required.
- Maintain a high level of housekeeping.
- Observe health and safety regulations as laid down in company procedures and government legislation.
- Adhere to company procedure at all times.
- To support with any other ad-hoc tasks where required
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the business within Production or elsewhere as may be required.
What your background should look like:
- Experience working on alternating early/late shifts with minimal supervision.
- Experience setting up and operating 2 axis CNC machine’s.
- Experience of Okuma or Fanuc control machine’s.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience using a range of measurement equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all TE policies and procedures, EHS and safety first together with delivering exception ECE.
- Driving and encouraging the values and key behaviors in all actions
- Highest level of accuracy/attention to detail, to ensure standards of work are exemplary with minimal defect.
- Organized and self-motivated to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and willingness to take on additional tasks and responsibility in an efficient manner.
- Excellent communication at all levels both internally within the business and with suppliers / customers.
- Fully flexible with tasks and the ability to multi-skill.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $45200-67800(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets