Manager Data Engineering
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
At TE we strongly believe that data and analytics are strategic drivers for future success. We are building a world class advanced analytics team that will solve some of the most complex strategic problems and deliver topline growth and operational efficiencies across our business The Data & Analytics team at TE is part of the TE Information Solutions (TEIS) Organization and is responsible for driving organic growth by leveraging big data and advanced analytics. The team reports to the VP and Chief Data Officer at TEIS, works closely with the SVP of Corporate Strategy, and has regular interactions with the company’s C-Suite.
As we continue to expand our value through data and advanced analytics, TE is looking for leader for this multifaceted role who interfaces with various IT leaders and Business Unit leaders’ to deliver data solutions. Incumbent is responsible to manage enterprise data management, developing and executing Data engineering strategy to support BI, AI, and Self-Service use cases across TE business units. You will be required to manage a team of Data SMEs, Data engineers and Development members to build and run data pipeline and move toward building certified data assets. You will continue evaluating industrial trends, establish best practices, develop data management strategy as well as guide the analytics organization across the company to leverage Data to scale value. You will be closely working with stakeholders from different teams within the organization to understand the need and to establish the foundation to create value for diverse business functions that span through multiple geographic areas.
What your background should look like:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of data architectures, data pipelines, and data systems
- Manage a team of data engineers and provide technical guidance and mentorship
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, business partners, stakeholders including senior leadership to understand business requirements, promote best practice & trade-offs, and to provide solutions that meet the organization's goals
- Develop and maintain Data as an asset
- Optimize data processes for efficiency, reliability, and scalability
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for end-to-end data pipeline
- Operate large-scale data warehouse solutions and big data platforms
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and best practices in data engineering.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Overall 10+ years of experience in building complex IT solutions more focused on data pipeline (Data Engineering, Data Warehousing, DataLake, DeltaLake, Bigdata, Data Streaming, unstructured data, and data modeling for BI/AI solutions)
- 5+ years of experience in leading global technical team and managing senior level stakeholders
- Strong hands-on experience in data architecture, data modeling, Could data engineering and ETL processes.
- Accomplished in scaling teams, managing multiple geographic locations, and inspiring a team to deliver high quality projects using Cloud and on-premises platforms
- Expertise in dealing with data environments with high-data variability, and high-data volumes
- Expertise in integrating data pipeline from various systems like SAP, MES, Salesforce, Clickstream, Chatbot and External unstructured Data leveraging various ingestion patterns
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of end users, individual contributors, technical resources
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- AWS certification
- Prior working experience with SAP HANA, SAP BW or other tools compatible with SAP ERP environments
- Having prior experience with one or more SAP ERP functional module
- Prior experience using SAP BOBJ or Tableau or other Viz tools
- Prior experience working with Data Scientists and MLOPS teams
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $134,200-201,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets