PRODUCTION OPERATOR I
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
This position is responsible for the safe set up, operation, and maintenance of plastic extrusion equipment to support manufacturing of custom and complex medical tubing
3rd Shift 10:00 pm – 6:30am, Monday - Friday (15% Shift Differential – Must be able to train on 1st shift for the first few months)
- Clean, set-up, and tear down extrusion tooling according to approved parameters for the item to be manufactured.
- Manage inventory levels of extrusion tools and tooling.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Purge, shut down and clean all equipment according to approved methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed.
- Train on new operations, run new part numbers, and support extrusion lines as needed.
- Execute equipment preventative maintenance.
- Properly handle materials to include loading and draining material hoppers.
- Complete secondary operations including but not limited to decoring, annealing, and cutting to length.
- Supporting the quality team as needed with inspection procedures or any other quality tasks.
- Complete and submit all completed paperwork or electronic data entry according to quality assurance manual and documentation system.
- Confer with supervisors and management to address and resolve problems or complaints
- Follow all safety guidelines and policies and promotes safety adherence across all line operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality initiatives to enhance line production operations and processes to assure the quality of all products.
- Positively embody and support the company’s policies and procedures.
- Have a strong sense of personal accountability, conflict resolution, collaboration and flexibility.
- Support and promote a respectful workplace.
What your background should look like:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 1+ years of experience operating a plastics manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Direct extrusion experience preferred but not required- we will train you!
- Basic computer skills.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $18 - $19.50/HR (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets