SR MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
- Provide constructive feedback to Product Engineering where design issues exist that limit quality, reliability, or keep cost targets from being met
- Support business unit initiatives for cost out, materials, and process productivity
- Ability to proactively drive projects with minimal guidance or supervision
- Responsible for all aspects of tooling and process development: concept, quoting, purchasing, design reviews, build, conditioning, validation, approval and production release
- Document all aspects of tooling and equipment commissioning including detailed work instructions for assembly and test personnel.
- Design and complete capability studies / process and tooling validations to ensure capable processes.
- Work with the New Product Design team on new programs ensuring design for manufacturability and design for automation opportunities
- Ensure product, tooling, and process documentation meet all TE Quality and Engineering system requirements
- Evaluate and recommend changes to existing tooling design to insure that manufacturing capabilities meet the maximum capacity and cost objectives for the business unit
- Implement controlled process to collaborate with Product Engineering on pending design changes
- Participate in management meetings to identify standard process approaches and to identify key technology needs to reduce costs or capture new markets
What your background should look like:
- 8+ years of engineering/technical experience
- 2+ years in a leadership role
- Capable of taking manufacturing projects from concept through approval.
- In-depth understanding of TE core processes (i.e., molding, assembly, high pressure pressure testing)
- Proven and effective problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; Confidence and ability to effectively communicate
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and globally as required
- Must be willing to participate in teleconference meetings to accommodate other time zones
- Able to evaluate product function and be able to make manufacturing process recommendations to Product Engineering
- Working knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma principles
- Strong computer skills (SolidWorks/CREO, CAD, project management, MS Office)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or supplemental engineering experience
- This position resides in an International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) facility and individual must meet requirements for ITAR access
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $86,800 - 130,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets