Technical Engineering Support
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: TECHNICIAN II
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30003421
Business Unit: GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE (10002006)
Building: 3900 REIDSVILLE ROAD (067)
Hiring Manager: DONNON L HOLBROOKS
Recruiter: Carolina Nolivos
Travel: Less than 10%
Employee Referral Amount: $1,000.00
Education Experience: High School or Equivalent
Employment Experience: 1-3 years
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes. Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation. They may also handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety.
The Technician purchase goods, materials, and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met. Taking into account, price, quality, and delivery to ensure continuity of supply. Shipping and receiving while maintaining traceability and accuracy.
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations
- Act as an interface between suppliers and other relevant departments on purchasing processes.
- Work closely with others in the procurement function and review opportunities for continuous improvement and business improvements
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff, and visitors
- Prepare and raise purchase orders
- Build, maintain and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies and procedures
- Conduct research for new components and suppliers
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues
What your background should look like:
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, numerically astute with strong demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Able to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Computer literate, with advanced Excel, SAP and Microsoft Office Suite skills/abilities.
- Must be able to understand and use TE Equote system, this system is used to purchase tooling from overseas vendors
- Request deviations
- Able to create purchase requisitions and see them through until processed
- Able to read and understand prints
- Understand BOM’s (bill of materials)
- Order tooling, materials, and components
- Able to work with many different engineers on various projects
- Will need to be able to operate computer, phone, printer, scanner, and fax features
- Need to be able to lift 50 lbs
- Need to be able to sit, stand and move around more than 50% of their day
- General understanding of different materials and hardnesses
- Tolerances and Basic Geometric symbols
- CAD experience would be beneficial
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task while maintaining our file and tracking systems
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $39K – $58K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets