Business Development Manager
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
TE Connectivity's OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for managing the development of strategic OEM and large, end-user accounts - domestic and/or international - specifically targeting the high voltage switchgear OEM market segment. The BDM will develop solid and trusting relationship with some of the company’s most important strategic customers. The ideal candidate is a self-starting hunter with a proven track record of winning share at large complex OEM accounts. The individual is responsible for developing and growing TE’s relationship and market share through attracting new customers and by increasing share with existing customers. The BDM works with the business management team, product management, and TE support functions to ensure that customer needs are met and in alignment with the Company’s strategic plan. The BDM will also travel, to manage existing TE accounts and meet with prospective customers in our Eastern US territory.
Technical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acquire a thorough understanding of OEM account technical needs and requirements.
- Lead, and develop solution sales for high voltage switchgear at key and complex OEM and End-User Accounts by using both Global and country / customer specific review material, implement short- and long-term business plan and actions and influence stakeholders to partner on new business opportunities
- Interface with large end user/OEM accounts (as assigned) to ensure consistent national support at a local area
- Business development involves coordination, tailoring product solutions, risk assessment and multi-level collaboration after researching the business requirements
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings to offer insight to alternate methods of layouts
- Promote TE Energy technologies and product portfolio with the customer and drive projects
Commercial Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the implementation of Corporate Agreements with target OEMs
- Proactively address open customer issues and coordinate with internal groups to ensure that quotations, quality complaints, VOC, technical information is provided to the customer within agreed timeframes
- Develop and implement effective lead campaign strategies – outgoing calls and emails
- Development of sales presentations, proposals, and other materials as needed to support project development efforts
- Coordination of library of projects throughout the Americas region- make outgoing calls to qualify projects
- Identify and understand current and future customer needs and opportunities to introduce and sell products, services, and solutions to the customer
- Develop and implement strategic planning to improve results and meet deliveries according to proposed timeline
- Manage deliverable requirements to ensure current and future metrics are exceeding customer expectations
- Monitor performance metrics, project schedules, risk profiles, and cost performance of the project in accordance with company systems and practices
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ experience, OR Associate degree and 10 years of work experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 12 years of work experience, required
- Previous "hunter" sales experience, required
- Product and market knowledge in Gas Insulated Switchgear (GIS) substations and underground transmission systems, highly preferred
- Extensive background in the electrical OEM market selling a technical product, highly preferred
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Working knowledge of office productivity software such as MS-Office suite, including advanced use of MSExcel
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment; able to work both independently, and as part of a team; strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Decision-making ability; strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent customer service skills with focus on listening to the customer
- Working knowledge of engineering design, procurement, and construction practices and procedures, with multi-project execution experience
- Ability to work with deadlines and challenging targets
- Mobility: Flexibility in working days and travelling
- Travel requirement: 40-60%
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,900 - $164,900
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets