New Product Development - Site Manager
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
TE Connectivity IVD Solutions Team helps life science, IVD and cell therapy clients transform microfluidic assays into user-friendly, cost-effective, and clinically validated commercial products. With facilities in the US and Europe, we provide end-to-end solutions spanning from concept ideation to full-scale manufacturing. Our expertise includes microfluidic assay integration, design, product development, usability testing, clinical, regulatory compliance and manufacturing of OTC and point-of-care devices.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Leads projects technically and performs function coordination
- Lead quotation generation and project planning
- Identifies key risks sources within big projects and sets strategies to avoid them
- Key contributor setting IP portfolio used on successful projects and technological roadmap strategies within the function
- May be manager of engineers in the function
- Organize and execute successfully challenging milestones and goals within projects
- Ensure the technological alignment between R&D, PD and Operations
- Technical lead to transform commercial contacts into projects by quotation generation, customer interaction and technology portfolio generation
- Contribute to set the strategy and execute technological development within the function
What your background should look like:
- Successful technical lead on large projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or relevant science discipline
- 7 - 10 years related experience
- Wide and deep knowledge and experience on microfluidic engineering including: Design, fabrication, bioassay and instrument interaction
- Knowledge on all relevant state of the art technologies within the function
- Master level of main microfuidic technology tools and systems (e.g. CAD, PCR thermocycler, reagent storage,
- surface treatment, cartridge actuation & sensing strategies...)
- Capable to develop state of the art work on one or more microfluidic techniques (complex CAD designs, bioassay transfer to microfluidics, reliable cartridge to instrument interface...)
- Capable to align R&D, PD and OPERATIONS activities
- Capable to develop multiple microfluidic products and components Accountable for some global KPIs for NPD
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $128,100 - $160,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets