Sr. Global Sales Manager (Remote)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Task Summary and Responsibilities:
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems or services, providing detailed technical product information and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territory, industry or accounts.
Please note: This position may involve working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application. 2. Export Controls Screening – Offer Letter Language TE works
The Sr. Sales Manager oversees the Americas organization’s Sales and Marketing programs for our direct and indirect sales teams and external selling partners. This person will develop strategic objectives that will allow us to reach our performance goals. These goals will include proliferation of our brand, allowing growth of our emerging customers, direct and indirect revenue growth and associated demand creation metrics, resale growth and inventory management in the channel.
This candidate will be responsible for implementing a sales strategy to not only increase sales, but to also improve our engagement, overall interaction, and position significantly within the Marine, Oil and Gas division. This role will include, yet is not limited to; sales interaction, contract and/or purchase order negotiation, training and development, execution of market plans and growing market share and revenue. The role will involve working with customers and distributors directly, but also supporting/working with the sales team as they also engage with potential customers.
The candidate will also pro-actively establish and maintain strong business relationships with selected key and strategic customers, identifying new opportunities, generating new business and revenue growth, while providing total customer satisfaction. This includes: the identiﬁcation and conversion of new opportunities/projects, responsibility for increasing TE’s market share, and managing the project pipeline. The person will manage all aspects of demand creation through having an entrepreneurial mindset and build strong customer relationships through ECE (Extraordinary Customer Experience). Finally, the Sr. Sales Manager will create and maintain both an opportunity pipeline as well as a booking/demand forecast, achieving business unit objectives for forecast accuracy and pipeline & conversion objectives.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Management of the Account Management team.
- Responsible for growing the sales in the MOG segment by identifying, qualifying, and closing business opportunities in new and existing accounts.
- Serve as the primary interface between the customer and TE Connectivity.
- Promote TE’s products and solutions to the customer
- Work closely with the engineering and Program Management team to develop engineered solutions utilizing TE's existing product portfolio and development capabilities.
- Work closely with the procurement teams to negotiate local and global opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels within the customer, including engineering, to position TE as a strategic partner to the customer.
- Strength in assessment of qualified business opportunities
- Maintain a high level of awareness regarding industry trends and competitive activity within the MOG market.
- Drive sales growth through maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.
- Effectively communicate with all other team members locally and across regions to promote the business needs of the customer.
- Provide management with periodic progress updates including opportunity funnel, competitor activities, and yearly business plans.
- Develop and surpass sales performance goals and budgets
- Forecast and drive quarterly revenue goals in alignment with leadership and facilitate QBRs for a closed loop process
- Communicate strategic and tactical changes for the mass market (ex: policy changes, pricing, etc.)
- Create differentiated distributor programs to grow revenue, share and demand creation.
- Collaborate with other suppliers and third parties to develop and solution launches.
- Collaborate and lead efforts to Resolve major issues pertaining to tracking, pricing, expediting in conjunction with customer service team etc.
- Collaborate and execute on Industry Trade shows and distribution specific events
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related filed, MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years related industry Sales Management experience
- Relevant product and/or markets experience with a multi-national company highly preferred
- Driver’s License
- Experience working with MS Power Point, Excel, Word, and Outlook (Salesforce is a plus)
- Previous supervisory experience directing a team or project
- Travel required 25% to 50% Overall (80% Domestic 20% International travel two trips per year to Norway include Brazil and the UK
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Innovative problem solver
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate technical ideas.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and creative. Strong analytical skills are a must, to interpret data and draw conclusions.
- This individual must also be able to build relationships with key decision makers and work in a team environment.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills
- Creativity (with focus on innovation, think out of the box)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $ $135,000.00 –$202,600.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets