Principal Field Application Engineer - EV Powertrain & Charging (Remote)
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Automotive Americas, Field Application Engineering team is made up of technical subject matter specialists with a system engineering solution capability. In this role you will scout the field of both traditional and emerging customers seeking new or unique product applications focused on the EV Powertrain & Charging space. This includes E-motor, inverter, DC/DC Converter, OBC Module, and the EV Charger Inlet.
- Develop a cross-customer and cross-product line perspective
- Conduct research into potential business development and technological advancements
- Apply technologies and products in different applications with systems solution capability
- Seek strategic applications for our products to solve implicit & explicit customer needs
- Understand the customer's strategy and technology roadmap, the competition, and trends
- Attend industry conferences and scout technologies and applications to stay current.
- Be a catalyst and key contributor in the innovation/technology pipeline road mapping
- Analyze customer requirements and lead customer discussions for interpretation and the achievement of the best technical solutions
- Working knowledge of applicable technical standards for implementation of new connectivity solutions
- Develop requirements and communicate with development engineering and product management
What your background should look like:
- Market Sensing & Strategy Development within EV Powertrain and Charging place including but not limited to:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Support the development of product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Provide thought leadership and drive the process within Automotive BU of assessing the strategic fit, synergy potential, and key risks to enable the executive team to make well-informed inorganic investment decisions
- Develop new ideas and constructively challenge existing ones, for the organization to refine its “where to play” and “how to win” choices to drive growth, and sustain competitive advantage
- Lead strategy product development for opportunities that break new ground and expand total addressable market
Meet targets on the following KPI's including but not limited to:
- # of new product applications found
- Ongoing Technical customer engagements
- # of Advanced Development Projects
- Contributions made to the technology & product roadmaps
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical or System Engineering is required
- 2+ years of experience in EV Powertrain space is required
- 9+ years of engineering experience of which 3+ years in a lead role is required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $128,200 – $192,400/year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
You’ve got this!