AMERICAS Sales Manager (Transportations/Automotive Sensors)
Location: #, MI, US, _
Job Type: Full time
BU: TE Sensors
Reporting to the TE Sensors TRS Global Senior Sales Director, the Americas Sales Manager – Transportations will lead a team of Key Account Managers and Field Application Engineers located throughout the Americas region developing direct Strategic and Key sensor customers.
- Working with the TE Sensors Business Unit, fully understand the market needs and changes and coach the sales team to be successful
- Capable of interfacing with all levels within the customer base, as well as C-Level, to position the TE Sensors organization for success
- Skilled at developing strategies and holding teams (internal and external) accountable to execution.
- Ability to communicate, influence and prioritize resources is key to success
- Clear understanding of how to develop large regional and/or global customers, coach the KAM’s/FAE’s to be successful by creating a significant growth pipeline and focus on the project execution leading to above market sales revenue growth.
The Americas Sales Manager – Transportations Industry is responsible along with a team of Key Account Managers and Field Applications Engineers for the development of our Transportations Strategic and key accounts across the Americas region. Reporting to the Sensors’ TRS Global Senior Sales Director, the Americas Sales Manager – Transportations Industry is tasked with providing leadership to the Americas Transportations Key Account Team in growing the project pipeline using SFDC, achieving sales targets, increasing market share, and developing mindshare within the specified territory.
In addition, the Sales Leader will regularly coach the Americas Transportations Sales Team to better engage and grow selected end user customers driving TE Sensors solutions.
What your background should look like:
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Provide leadership, coaching and goal setting for the Americas Key Account Transportations sales Team
- Regional responsibility for TE Sensors Transportations customers across the Americas region.
- Responsible for setting challenging growth budgets and managing customer forecasts.
- Continually reviewing sales team performance primarily Revenue growth, Newly Qualified Business Opportunities (NQBO) and Design Wins (DWIN)
- Develop account plans for each customer and drive strategies with each customer to achieve KPI’s.
- Manage, measure, and drive accountability around demand creation pipeline, assuring opportunities are resourced properly to convert to revenue.
- Maximize demand creation opportunities by fully leveraging the Field Application, Product Management, Product Marketing, and Customer Care teams
- Provide VOC for process improvements and standard product development within the Sensor BU across all functions, Sales, Operations, Marketing and Product Management.
- Provide regular sales forecasts and status reports relating to customer development
Key Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge:
- Must have minimum a master’s degree, preferably in business administration and/or engineering.
- Must have 10+ years of experience in the semiconductor and OEM/Tier 1 automotive space. Automotive sensors a plus. EV experience a plus.
- Must have managed >$250M yearly sales revenue budget; and 10+ individuals team size
- Needs a professional level of business acumen.
- Must have personal experience in Strategic and Global Key Account management
- Must have experience in pricing negotiation in the automotive industry
- Must have experience in contract negotiation and dealings with Legal teams
- Extensive knowledge of electronics components/systems industry and translation into collaborative selling experiences.
- Demonstrated leadership skills to drive for results in a global matrix organization.
- Strategic selling, P&L management, key account acquisition and retention, strategic partnership, pricing strategy, business development and M&A, coaching and mentoring proven experiences
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Preferably more than 8 years regional Sales Management level experience.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to build strong, credible relationships with multiple organization functions and end users.
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities.
- A self-directed personality that can analyze market needs and deliver strong results through the sales process.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $132,000 – $198,000/year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits