Account Manager - Distribution Sales
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Automotive business unit of TE Connectivity has an opportunity for an experienced sales account manager responsible for NA distribution sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing automotive product sales through TE Connectivity’s distribution channel. They will be the main point of contact for distributors’ automotive product related needs, establish relationships with distributors’ teams and key engineering stakeholders at channel served customers. They will work with cross-functional teams in product management, operations and direct-sales, sharing a thorough understanding of channel & distributor requirements. This account manager will provide technical assistance, application guidance, training, and presentations to introduce TE automotive technologies and products that meet customer needs and be a significant interface with our population of distribution partners.
- Responsible for supporting TE’s channel authorized distributors for automotive product and customers needs.
- Review and evaluate all channel originated quotations and special price requests.
- Partnership with pricing and product management to maintain and execute unified approach to evaluate of these requests.
- Influence and prepare distributor partner sales & technical teams to promote TE Automotive product solutions at new and existing customers.
- Drive growth in sales revenue and customer count through channel authorized distributors.
- Work with distributors to understand their product and inventory needs/positions, manage opportunity pipelines, identify automotive product opportunities to solve problems for new and existing applications.
- Support DMMs to drive mindshare and promotion of AUT products among distribution sales teams
- Technical expertise, market analysis, opportunity pipeline review.
- Strategy communication & execution to channel team
- Partner with authorized channel partners to create and manage demand forecast
- Partner with AUT PM team to identify opportunities for NPI, stock packages, strategic distribution partners, new market penetration etc.
- Analyze distributor sales performance with branches – open opportunities, prospective & existing customers, GPL trends, inventory recommendations, new product performance and competitive cross reference activities.
- Review & provide insight on automotive owned product pricing levels in the channel
- Support direct sales teams in management / navigation of hybrid customer relationships, complete account transitions to distribution.
What your background should look like:
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Support distributors with detailed product information and application support of products to assist in winning new business for TE Connectivity and the distributor. These responsibilities will include:
- Distribution sales team engagement to support the exposure of TE automotive solutions, support the review of open opportunities for the branch sales team.
- Organize and/or lead technical training of distribution partners on products including refresher training on existing products and upfront support of NPI (New Product Introductions)
- Identifying competitive threats and providing feedback to Product Management on the market position of the competitive product including, but not limited to, pricing, clone (drop in replacement), design enhancements and target customers.
- Driving the organic growth of new business with distributors. This will include the ability to forecast the business and provide information back to TE Supply Chain and Demand Mgt. for successful product launches.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Business
- 4-8 years of experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written)
- Ability to work as an individual or part of an account team
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Strong customer focus and willingness to assist in all aspects of their business
- High energy and enthusiasm
- Analytical and structured thinking with an ability to understand customer requests
- Self-sufficient; Ability to work with little supervision
- Demonstrated adaptability to change priorities and strategies based on business conditions; Flexibility Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is required
- Working knowledge of Salesforce preferred
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $81,900 – $122,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets