MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER I
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
We are looking for an engineer who is highly motivated to work within our medical device development group at the Plymouth location. You will play a critical role in the process development of innovative catheter devices. As part of our PPD team, you will work on cross-functional teams to transform development projects into manufactured processes. PPD Engineers work with the customer, production, suppliers, manufacturing, and in the engineering lab to design and develop fixtures, equipment and manufacturing processes. We are looking for people that are hands-on with excellent engineering skills, a team player with leadership skills and is driven to achieve project goals.
- Acts as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface.
- Supports Product Development in the optimization designs and piece parts for manufacturability; realizes sample tooling, product samples and prototypes.
- Designs, develops, and qualifies tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards.
- Initiates and implements programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time.
- Create concepts and detail design using design and development methods such as DFMEA, Tolerance Analysis, Fixture Design, etc
- Documents all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems. Execute qualfiications of equipment, process characterization, process validations
- Supports supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability.
- Maintains and adheres to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
- Work closely with technical team to build pre-production units to meet customer requirements and timelines.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related field from an accredited university.
- Preferred, 1 - 3 years of experience in medical device industry or in design and process development.
- Experienced in creating detailed production drawings and documentation.
- Experience with Solid Works or other equivalent CAD packages.
- Knowledge of LEAN Product Development and processes.
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Plus: Previous experience leading technical programs and inter-disciplined groups.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $62,500 - $93,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets