R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER II
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
The Industrial and Commercial Transportation Business provides rugged interconnect solutions specifically designed for Truck, Bus, Agriculture, Construction and Recreational Vehicles.
As a Data Connectivity Product Development Engineer, you will be enabling improved safety, vehicle automation, and improved efficiencies based on the ability to provide data interconnects for use throughout the Industrial and Commercial Vehicle market.
We are seeking a Product Development Engineer with the skills to define customer needs for concept creation and follow through detailed design into production release.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Develop new connectors while working in a global team environment with Manufacturing, Quality, Product Management, Project Management, Sales, and Finance
- Interact with customers to define product requirements while building strong relationships
- Develop an understanding of data connectivity applications and market trends within our industry including the assessment of competitive and emerging technologies
- Work through all phases of connector design from creation of concepts a fully validated product that satisfies customer needs while meeting internal process and cost requirements
- Participate in a team environment through all phases of production from initial prototypes, initial production, and fully released parts
- BS in Mechanical Engineering and 2+ years engineering experience
- Experience using PTC Creo or similar for small precision plastic part design
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN production techniques
- Experience with terminal and connector requirements & testing is a plus
- Experience with design for rugged environments including sealing and vibration resistance is a plus
- A strong desire to develop new products from concept to production
- Ability to communicate clearly with the team and represent TE well to our customers
- Flexibility and the ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Fast learner
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $78,000 – $130,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets