MANUFACTURING ENGINEER II
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding, or assembly-related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping/molding/assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications/corrections/improvements. They design and develop manufacturing processes and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements, and manufacturing location. They act as the interface between engineering and production to ensure the manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples, and prototypes.
The successful candidate will efficiently provide high-quality engineering solutions to complex manufacturing and business problems. The Manufacturing/Process Engineer will drive improvement using industry best practices, and standardize work. Work will be completed according to TE Connectivity’s SOPs within an ISO 13485 environment.
- Technical ownership of manufacturing processes
- Analysis, design, evaluation, modification, testing, and implementation of manufacturing processes, equipment, and process controls
- Contribute to strategy development and manufacturing technology improvements
- Process development, fixture & tooling development
- Draft, execute, and complete equipment and process validation
- Participate in cross-functional teams to solve problems using Lean, Six Sigma, and other analytical tools
- Troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and implementation of corrective actions when necessary
- Evaluate customer designs for manufacturing capability, quoting support
- Develop and support process documentation, train employees
- Consistently provide an Exceptional Customer Experience
- All other duties as assigned.
The shift is Monday to Friday 8 am to 5 pm. Weekends Off.
What your background should look like:
BS Engineering/Computer Science/Physical Sciences Degree Mechanical Engineering or Electrical.
Positive, adaptable attitude that thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment
Highly effective written and verbal communication
Ability to navigate ambiguity and negotiate alignment with stakeholders
Quick learner with strong mechanical aptitude and a hands-on approach
Embraces and drives change for improvement
Experience dealing with third party equipment vendors
3 years to 5 years of experience minimum.
ISO 13485 or FDA 21 CFR 820 experience
Risk management and change control experience
Registered Professional Engineer
Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Certification
Experience transitioning from a small growth focused organization to larger organization focused on profitability
Machine shop/metal fabrication experience, design for manufacturability
Experience with high mix/low volume, operator dependent processes
Metallurgical understanding of stainless steel, Nitinol, Tungsten, and precious metal alloys
Understanding of small diameter metal joining processes: soldering, brazing, welding, etc.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,600 – $106,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets