PRODUCTION OPERATOR II (TE Temporary Position) - 1st shift
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Application Tooling Division of TE Connectivity is currently seeking highly motivated and energetic Temporary Associates for assignments lasting between 3 - 12 months.
Application Tooling is a worldwide engineering and manufacturing business unit that designs and manufactures application equipment, tooling and precision machined products for all markets. The dynamic work environment at TE Connectivity will enable you to capture every bit of potential out of your career. We are known by our customers for exceptional quality, innovation and service.
Person(s) performing this role are models for the TE Connectivity core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. While functioning in this role you will be expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results, and foster an environment that encourages innovation, creativity, excellence and results through teamwork. Our organization strives to practice leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes full participation of all employees combined with a foundational belief in continuous development.
What your background should look like:
Our Production Operators support our tooling business by performing a variety of tasks related to our manufactured components. This position is located at our Waynesboro, PA Facility.
Performs various manufacturing functions which contribute directly to processing, producing, assembling, and/or packing products. May perform several or all of the following functions:
- Visually inspect product.
- Assist production machinist with the movement of machined parts.
- File/Stone edges and surfaces
- Utilize belt sander.
- Ream holes by hand or machine
- Operate hone machine.
- Operate vertical or horizontal dicer.
- Remove small burrs from completed component parts using the buffer and lapping machine.
- Use various inspection equipment to ensure the accuracy of the finished component part (i.e. micrometer, optical comparator)
- Operate riveter machine.
- Hand-tool or applicator sub-assembly.
- Packing of related products for shipment to our customers.
- Other assignments and duties are required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have a basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Must have the ability to develop a basic understanding of and follow blueprints.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $41,600- $49,046 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s)
- 48 hours of sick/personal time after 90 days of employment.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets