ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III (TE Temporary Position) - 1st Shift
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Application Tooling Division of TE Connectivity is currently seeking two highly skilled Assembly Operators to be key team members in our Applicator Assembly Team for First Time Builds on 1st Shift. This role supports both our internal and external customer needs in terms of efficient, timely and high-quality applicator assembly.
Application Tooling is a worldwide engineering and manufacturing business unit that designs and manufactures application equipment, associated tooling and precision machined products for all markets.
Person(s) performing this role are models for the TE core values of Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Innovation. While functioning in this role you will be expected to operate at the highest standards of individual and corporate integrity, honor all commitments made while taking personal responsibility for actions/results, and foster an environment that encourages innovation, creativity, excellence and results through teamwork. Our organization strives to practice leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes full participation of all employees combined with a foundational belief in continuous career development.
This position is located at our Waynesboro, PA facility and open to fully qualified current employees of the TE Application Tooling facility in Waynesboro and highly qualified external candidates.
Employees with active disciplines (documented verbal warning within the last 6 months; 1st written or above in last 12 months), on a current Performance Improvement Plan, or who have voluntarily moved to another role/shift within the last 6 months will not be considered for this role.
What your background should look like:
- Responsible for every fine and complex manual assembly of both basic and complex applicators. Monitors operational quality of systems and equipment during build and inspection processes.
- FTB Applicators are custom built- will work to ensure every component matches the blueprint and the assembly is seamless.
- Actively works with members of the product development engineering team for Applicators in order to ensure high quality and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problems. Recommends corrections in build issues to Engineering.
- Inspects and verifies build process for new Applicators. Actively works with Engineering to perfect build process and product function.
- Documents all inspection, maintenance, and repair work as required.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Verifies accuracy of build lead time for the respective applicators, working with Engineering to update as needed.
- Measures, examines, and tests completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- At least 3-5 years of related experience, with a strong preference for demonstrated success in the Assembling of repeat-build Applicators.
- Must have the ability to disassemble and reassembles types of mechanical parts and a basic understanding of troubleshooting techniques.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to read and interpret prints and instruction sheets.
- Requires a mechanical skill sufficient to visualize and assemble equipment utilizing sectional blueprints and be able to condition parts and work mechanisms to permit the equipment to produce a product to engineering specification.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $41,600-$54,080 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s)
- 48 hours of sick/personal time after 90 days of employment.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets