FACILITIES SUPPORT I APPRENTICE (Part-time)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Individual will be responsible for performing preventative maintenance activities, limited minor repairs, and assistance to maintain the operation of HVAC, mechanical, and plumbing systems, and other tasks that may be assigned to him/her in the most efficient and workmanlike manner under the close supervision of a mentoring individual. Responsible for maintaining the quality and quantity of work up to acceptable company standards and in accordance with established policies.
1. Reports to Lead Technician or Crew Leader.
2. Assists in maintenance and repair of plumbing, electric, mechanical, HVAC systems, and other general maintenance work as required, under supervision of a mentoring individual.
3. Responds to immediate calls as required, with team members.
4. Perform preventive maintenance work in its entirety, complete or schedule repairs as needed, and maintain the necessary records consistent with the maintenance tracking system while under supervision.
5. Repair or report to supervision any defective equipment in his/her area of responsibility.
6. Keep accurate daily and bi-weekly time sheets. Ensure all internal paperwork is routed through accounting system properly.
7. Make sure responsible work areas and mechanical equipment rooms are kept clean.
8. Assure high work standards as a Facilities Craft Services representative.
9. Participate actively in HACC HVAC and in house training programs to develop expertise in technologies and systems in areas of responsibility.
10. Safety Duties:
a. Ensure safe working conditions are being maintained in areas under his/her care.
b. Report safety violations to supervisor.
c. Ensure Safety Data Sheets are properly used, maintained and available for review.
d. Vehicles and equipment assigned to her/him are properly maintained and tools accounted for.
e. All company issued PPE equipment and uniforms are maintained to manufactures and company recommendations. Employee shall report any problems with PPE equipment that would hinder his/her from safely performing any assigned job task.
f. Follow all TE Connectivity Contractor Safety and Environmental Safety programs. This includes Facilities Craft Services and other plants programs.
What your background should look like:
1. High school diploma or equivalent GED.
2. Some knowledge of general maintenance and equipment.
3. Current state issued Drivers License.
4. Good verbal communication skills and customer service skills.
5. Current enrollment in Harrisburg Area Community College HVAC Certificate Program
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $14.60-17/hr (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets