STAFF SUPPLIER QUALITY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity Ltd. is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
The Appliances Business Unit of TE Connectivity is currently seeking a Staff Supplier Quality Engineer to join our team. The Appliances Division is a worldwide engineering and manufacturing business unit that designs and manufactures connector solutions for home appliances.
TE Connectivity's Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for conducting supplier audits, develop suppliers, resolve supplier and customer issues via 8D from vendors and support long-term performance of the supplier. The Supplier Quality Engineer regularly interacts and communicates with Customers, Suppliers, Planning, Sales, Procurement/Commodity Management, Product Engineering, Product Management, and Finance.
Employment Location: Approximately 75% in Lickdale Pennsylvania & up to 25% travel.
- Work with suppliers to resolve issues identified in audits and reviews.
- Train and up skill suppliers on quality standards, quality and LEAN tools, TE requirements, and best practices
- Work with suppliers on KPIs, supplier performance, corrective action plans, TE standards and requirements.
- Work with suppliers and customers as needed for 8D corrective actions to ensure that appropriate root cause, corrective action and verification takes place in timely and comprehensive manner.
- Work with customers as needed to resolve their reported concerns.
- Collaborate and partner with suppliers to ensure the supplier:
- Adheres to quality standards
- Is held accountable for meeting TE requirements and KPIs
- Has strategic improvement plans in place
- Communicate with suppliers and internal groups. Modify communications and style to deal appropriately with various hierarchical levels and to suit the sensitivity of the topic.
What your background should look like:
Key Qualifications, Experiences & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- 10+ years of experience as a Quality professional (with an Engineering related background)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, quality or related technical field preferred
- 8D (eight disciplines) problem solving for customers and suppliers required
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and appropriate experience
- Proven six-sigma and lean experience is highly desirable
- Excellent time management skills to manage multiple projects and demands
- Robust root cause and solution problem solving toolbox experience required
- Be able to understand processes, supplier contractual agreements & competitors as needed
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in quality engineering assignments.
- Ability to learn new information and processes quickly
- Proactive and self-starter
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $104,800 – $157,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets