Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements.
- Strong understanding of ERP System (SAP) in modules such as: Purchasing, PP, WM, etc.
- Create and release material production orders to cover requirements and support customer demand, maintaining Inventory levels within target.
- Follow the appropriate escalation process to communicate on time any situation that could put in risk the normal performance of the business.
- Track inter-co shipments to increase ship to schedule delivery metric.
- Monthly Review of Materials excess and obsolescence and follow procedure for proper disposition.
- Analysis of safety stock levels to meet the changing sales trends / customer demand changes.
- Identify areas of improvement and implement preventive and corrective actions in the supply chain area.
- Work closely with purchasing team to minimize schedule interruptions for part shortages.
- Review and maintain related parameters for part numbers assigned.
- More activities can be assigned by supervisor or manager as they are required to comply with the job role.
- Aid VSM and Materials Manager in achievement of performance targets, including delivery (STR), inventory value, and cost avoidance/cost reduction.
- Serve as cross functional liaison to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Perform tasks following Standard Work to ensure position requirements are executed according to plan.
- Support the TEOA initiatives which are related to Lean Production (e.g. Value Stream Mapping, Pull Flow, Inventory Reduction) to ensure that assigned or requested tasks are accomplished.
- Consider previously authorized suppliers by Strategic Sourcing Team respecting the Supplier Requirements for Product Environmental Compliance
- Carries out actions to reduce environmental impact, as well as activities for compliance with the ISO14001 standard.
- Authority to stop a process in which there is the possibility of harming the environment or/and that is outside environmental legal compliance.
- This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain or related engineering discipline or Equivalent.
- 4+ year of experience in Scheduling.
- Experience scheduling beginning to end production cells.
- Understanding of Lean Concepts (Standard Work, Visual Management, KanBan, 5S, etc.) through PDCA.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Expertise in Computer skills (SAP R/3, MS Excel, Power Point, and Word).
- Knowledge of SAP
- Strong analytical and organization skills.
- Trained in APICS CPIM modules is a plus
- Internal training in soft skills
- Knowledge applicable to the position in IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Knowledge of Safety and Environment Regulations and the environmental management system that apply to the company
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $57K – $86K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets