Material Planner Support
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
* This is a Temporary role - That offers a Sign on Bonus of $1,000 for temps that complete 90 days of service, and then $1,000 every 6 months afterwards *
** The hours are from 5:30 am – 2:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 6:00 am to 10:00 am on Friday. **
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- Systematically transact material in SAP.
- Create and distribute production packets to shop floor
- Issue materials to production orders.
- Deliver materials to production operations
- Create and maintain reports
- Create and maintain work instructions
- Participate in continuous improvement projects
- Other duties as assigned.
What your background should look like:
- Computer skills – knowledge of computer systems used to process deliveries (SAP experience is preferred)
- 5S skills – maintain a neat and orderly work area
- Lifting ability – able to lift 35 lbs.
- Detail oriented – quickly and accurately distinguishes part numbers, batch numbers and quantities
- Hours – willing and able to work flexible hours and overtime
- Ability to read and write English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $32K - $48K (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- Temporary employees have 48 hours of sick/personal time after 90 days of employment.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets