Product Manager - E-Mobility
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified Product Manager. In this role, you will manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. You will also be responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to meet sales and profit targets.
This role is in our Automotive BU working with High Voltage Terminals and Connectors within the Hybrid and Electric Mobility Solutions (E-Mobility) team. The Product Manager will manage all aspects of a product line, from driving new product development to manufacturing to pricing to marketing and sales. Responsible for overall product strategy, roadmap, business leadership and capacity plans to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets.
- Market Sensing & Strategy Development.
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape.
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking.
- Define segment –specific value propositions that beat the competition.
- Develop product roadmaps that aligns with business strategy.
- Working with Global Team (regional product managers as well as Global Lead) on multi-regional quotations and opportunities.
- Design “go to” market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships.
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycle.
Develop Business Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap.
- Work cross functionally to define sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Establish pricing policy.
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin).
Product Development & Launch:
- Be the opportunity champion for “New” product development (PAC) projects.
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans.
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP.
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership.
- Working with operations to create a capital efficient manufacturing plan
- Managing make vs buy, in-house and outsourced production to maximize operating income
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio.
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition.
- Manage special price requests
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps.
- Be the champion for resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
- Collaborate with Global community to execute product strategy.
What your background should look like:
BS Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical)
- 8 years of product management or sales experience.
- Automotive manufacturing industry experience desired especially in High-Voltage Terminals and Connectors.
- P&L management experience.
- Strong business acumen, good commercial and process understanding.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship thinking.
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills & building effective teams.
- Ability to work deadlines and challenging targets.
- 10% domestic and international travel.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $119,100 – $178,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets