PRODUCT MANAGER V (Hybrid)
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
This position is for Product Manager V within Signal & Power Connectivity team. This is an experienced product manager role that will manage both product and market strategy regionally and globally within the Power and Signal team. The Product Manager will manage all aspects of a product line, from driving new product development to manufacturing to pricing to marketing. Focus will be on optimization, proliferation, and innovation around products and customer requirements. In addition, they will coordinate globally with the global S&P team on global product, operations, market, and customer strategy. Responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans to meet sales and gross (or standard) margin targets.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development
- Research market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Provide materials to support the go to market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements.
- Manage the product lifecycle by providing product trend analysis
Develop Business Plan and Data Analysis
- Work cross functionally to achieve sales, technology and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals.
- Regular data analysis to understand the trends, customer, and region segmentation.
- Development of market strategy PBP (Product Business Plan)
- Implement pricing policy aligned with Senior Manager, Product Management
- Assist in the development of the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
Execution - New Product Development, Launch, Post Launch
- Prepare financial analysis in support of new product launch
- Manage PAC discussions with management for G1 and G2 opportunities
- Provide product information and samples to customers and sales team in support of new product launches
- Create RTS requests for new product development projects
- Gather product specification and product attribute information for the development of marketing collateral, including e-catalog
- Provide product demand forecast inputs to the S&OP process
- Perform pricing analysis in preparation of catalog price changes or in response to special pricing requests
- Develop the sales forecast for the S&OP plan
- Work closely with customers, the sales team, customer service, field application engineering on product development
- Work closely with finance on product cost and gross margin analysis to understand cost drivers and increase margins
- Analyze excess and obsolete inventory
- Assist in the resolution of product issues
Global Product Strategy Alignment
- Participate and manage global strategy initiatives
- Drive portfolio decisions based on global strategy to drive efficiency and increase margins
- Optimize global portfolio including localization efforts, transfers, and product pruning based on customer needs
- Focused proliferation of existing portfolio with sales and customer reviews with increased focus on distribution
- Manage global innovation discussions with engineering, FAE, and sales based on new market needs and customer requirements
What your background should look like:
- 7-10 years of related work experience with at least 3-5 years of Product Management or Product Strategy experience required.
- Relevant product or industry experience desired especially in Low-Voltage Terminals and Connectors.
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Advanced degree (MBA) or relevant P&L management experience preferred
- Strong business acumen, good commercial and process understanding
- Specific role is that of a sole contributor, but ability and desire to manage people is preferred
Particular Skills & Abilities Required
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship thinking
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Excellent relationship and communication skills & building effective teams
- Ability to work deadlines and tight targets
- 10-25% domestic and international travel
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $136,200 - $ 204,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets