Mgr. II Global Trade Compliance
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world-class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Aerospace, Defense, and Marine (AD&M) Business Unit Trade Manager plays a critical role in serving as an Empowered Official supporting trade operations and compliance within the Business Unit (BU).
The BU Empowered Official serves as a trusted advisor and key team member within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU. This role aims to facilitate TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade. The Empowered Official will oversee ITAR and EAR licensing activities for the BU as well as support license applications for other TE businesses.
This role reports to the AD&M BU GTS Lead and is a key Global Trade Services (GTS) team member. As part of the GTS team, the AD&M Trade Manager will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, and working together.
Trade Compliance Activities in the BU
- Implement and execute trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the assigned BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Maintain trade operations and compliance activities by TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as a key point of contact for BU stakeholders on licensing and compliance trade-related matters.
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact on the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure the proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risks and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
Talent Development & Leadership
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Lead by example and act with empathy
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to a conclusion.
In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 6+ years’ experience in global trade compliance, 3+ years’ experience as an Empowered Official
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial, communications, transportation, or similar business
- Functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- Proven ability to work with a variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement, and finance
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits and priority management
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Preferred: Customs Broker License other Customs / Trade certification
- Travel may be necessary for fulfillment of responsibilities
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $100,200 – $150,400 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets