MANUFACTURING ENGINEER-CONVENTIONAL MOLDING
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing Engineering Teams are process leaders for stamping, molding or assembly related topics, ensuring the processes are running at optimum levels for quality and output. They are experts in mold tooling, die tooling, machining, and assembly techniques, possessing extensive knowledge of the associated manufacturing processes which may include the optimization and standardization of stamping / molding / assembly or other processes within the manufacturing environment. Manufacturing Engineering Teams enable the TE business unit plants to reach TE Operating Advantage (TEOA) requirements, roll out Centers of Excellence (COE), Best Demonstrated Practices (BDP’s) and advise plants on tool and machine duplications / corrections / improvements. They design and develop manufacturing process and automation platforms and apply them for the realization of new product developments as well as optimization of existing products already in production. The Teams also support Product Development in the selection and optimization of tools for piece part production and the selection of the most suitable manufacturing concepts relative to planned manufacturing quantities, quality requirements and manufacturing location. They act as interface between engineering and production to ensure manufacturability of new designs and smooth production ramp up as well as support the research & development teams to produce sample manufacturing equipment, product samples and prototypes.
- Provide feedback to Product Engineering where design issues exist that limit quality, reliability, or keep cost targets from being met
- Work to develop, improve, and implement safety controls in manufacturing
- Support business unit initiatives for cost out, materials, and process productivity
- Ability to proactively drive projects with minimal guidance or supervision
- Responsible for all aspects of tooling and process development: concept, quoting, purchasing, design reviews, build, conditioning, validation, approval and production release
- Design and complete capability studies / process and tooling validations to ensure capable processes. Familiarity with measurement system analysis tools preferred.
- Work with the New Product Design team on new programs ensuring design for manufacturability and design for automation opportunities
- Ensure product, tooling, and process documentation meet all TE Quality and Engineering system requirements
- Evaluate and recommend changes to existing mold tooling and tooling design to insure that manufacturing capabilities meet the maximum capacity and cost objectives for the business unit
- Initiate and review design and mold constructions and/or major modifications
- Implement controlled process to collaborate with Product Engineering on pending design changes
- Work with Global Molding COE and ensures deployment across BU
- Participate in management meetings to identify standard process approaches and to identify key technology needs to reduce costs or capture new markets.
- Responsibilities subject to change based on Manufacturing needs.
What your background should look like:
- 5 years of Engineering/Technical experience in manufacturing environment.
- 2 yrs of Injection Molding experience
- Must have knowledge of molding process theory, engineering grade resins, and auxiliary equipment.
- Capable of taking molding projects from concept through approval.
- RJG Methodology a Plus.
- Understanding of core processes (i.e., molding, stamping, plating, assembly)
- Proven and effective problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; Confidence and ability to effectively communicate
- Must be willing and able to travel both domestically and globally as required (Travel <10%)
- Must be willing to participate in teleconference meetings to accommodate other time zones
- Able to evaluate product function and be able to make material recommendations to product engineering
- Working knowledge of LEAN and Six Sigma principles a plus.
- Strong computer skills (CREO, CAD, project management, word processing, spreadsheets)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Must be proficient in English language
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $70,600-106,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets